FRYSC MISSION The FRYSC’s mission is to enhance students’ ability to succeed in school by developing and sustaining partners that promote:
- Early learning and successful transition to school;
- Academic achievement and well-being; and
- Graduation and transition into adult life.
FRYSC CORE COMPONENTS:
- Full-time preschool child care for 2 and 3-year-olds;
- After-school child care for children ages 4 to 12 (during summer and other days when school is not in session).
- Families in training for new and expectant parents through group meetings, home visits, and child development monitoring;
- Family Literacy Activities
- Support and training for daycare providers;
- Health services or referrals to health services
Youth Service Centers:
- Referrals to health and social services;
- Employment counseling, training, and placement;
- Summer and part-time job development;
- Drug and alcohol abuse counseling;
- Family crisis and mental health counseling.